15 déc. 2011

Birdman Officially Welcomes Mystikal To Cash Money Records



Cash Money Records boss Birdman has released a statement confirming rumours New Orleans, Louisiana rapper Mystikal has joined the label's roster.


Mystikal was originally thought to have signed early last month, at the same time Busta Rhymes inked a contract, but nothing was announced as being concrete until now.

"It is an honor to get the opportunity to work with Mystikal, as we have a long history together," said the Birdman in a statement. 


"He is a great artist and his talent, combined with our hard work and strong team, is going to result in some of the best music of his career. We are expecting great work from Mystikal. Slim and I already have him in the studio working on his first album for Cash Money."

Mystikal gave his reaction to the news is a short message saying: "It has been a truly long time since I have felt like a rapper and with this signing, and partnership, Birdman and Slim have given me my life as a rapper back."
He added: "I am ready to go. I am going to put my red Superman drawers, cape and boots on and go! This is a huge moment for me and I am truly excited to be with Cash Money Records."

The 41-year-old rapper was on the start to a promising career back in 2001, receiving a Grammy nomination for the album Tarantula. However, in 2003 he was sentenced to six years in prison after being charged with extortion and sexual battery stemming from an incident with his hairstylist.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire