18 janv. 2012

Fat Joe Reveals How He's Able To Pick The Right Single


Fat Joe speaks to HipHopWired about choosing that right single, uses Beyonce as an example. Bronx rapper Fat Joe recently took some time out to speak with HipHopWired in regards to how he’s able to choose a hot single. 

And according to Fat Joe his ability to pick out a hot song comes from the pressure he’s received from labels only giving him one shot at a hit song. Fat Joe used singer Beyoncé to prove his point, stating that a popular artist like Beyoncé receives numerous chances to release a hit record because their budget from the label is much more sizeable. 

“It’s something you gotta know. You gotta know how to make hit records. You gotta have an ear for it…There’s some artists that are so big. Nah, I’m not gonna say they names. But let’s just say an artist is huge, right? Alright, how many times we heard Beyonce’s album like this one and we didn’t really, really think it was all that,” Fat Joe explained. 

“You know what I’m saying? When we first heard it. But they had so much money behind it they kept pounding that joint in the paint, pounding it. ‘This single ain’t go we pounding the next one. We pounding the next one’…So it’s like they got that.

” Fat Joe went on to explain that when it came to his music career he only had one shot from the label to release that hot song and/or music video. “Me, throughout my whole career even in my biggest days I never had that luxury. 

I had the record label, being that I’m Joe Crack they not gon’ lie to me,” said Fat Joe. “So they’re like ‘Yo Joe, you have one video and one song to pick. If that ain’t the hit then there’s nothing we can do. That’s what the budget is.’ So I always had to pick a hit. That’s pretty much why I know what it sounds like.”

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire