28 févr. 2014

T-Pain Explains Why YMCMB Didn't Sign Him

T-Pain - Arrivals at the YouTube Music Awards

T-Pain speaks on bout with depression, says at one point he would drink until he blacked out every night.
Following the release of a video featuring Gabriel “The Jeweler” Jacobs being interviewed by Vlad TV in 2010 while showing off a Nappy Boy/Young Money piece made for T-Pain, a deal between the Tallahassee, Florida producer and the Lil Wayne-led Young Money seemed imminent.
Ultimately, a deal between T-Pain and Young Money Cash Money never came to fruition, and according to the Nappy Boy Entertainment founder, he was told that it was because Baby, Lil Wayne, and Slim believed he would have been a liability.
T-Pain spoke in-depth about his failed deal with Baby and Slim during a recent interview with Vlad TV. While speaking on the deal, Pain says his management told him that Baby, Wayne, and Slim considered him a liability because of his drinking and his desire to speak the truth.
“Well, I actually was supposed to join Young Money…I went and got the chain made because it seemed like it was really a real thing that was gonna happen,” he said. “And it really was. I mean, it really was a thing. But I went to Baby—Baby and Slim talked to me every fuckin day. Every fuckin day Baby and Slim talked to me in the studio. They was like ‘Yo, so how we gon’ make this happen? Let’s make this happen. Let’s do this. What you need? Let’s get this. This is what we do. This is how we treat our artists. This is how we do everything. Blah blah.’ So I’m like ‘Yeah, I’m with it.’ And then my management came to me and they said ‘Basically, Baby, Wayne, and Slim got together. They talked and they don’t wanna sign you because you’re like a liability and you drink too much. Sometimes you make a fool of yourself. Sometimes you tell the truth about things that shouldn’t be told.’ I’m like ‘Who the—It’s a million niggas that say they real niggas. If you real niggas that mean you tell the truth about everything, right? I mean, you don’t hide nothing. I thought we was all real niggas.’”

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire