31 juil. 2013

2 Chainz Says Kanye West Told Him Not To Put Jay-Z On "B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time"

2 Chainz also says that 50 Cent is crazy, but that he followed his blueprint for success.
2 Chainz wanted to approach Jay-Z about appearing on his forthcoming B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time album, given some of the people Jigga worked with on his Magna Carta Holy Grail album, including Rick Ross and producer Mike WiLL Made It. 2 Chainz said he talked briefly with Jay-Z at the Wireless Festival in London earlier this month, but didn't ask him directly about appearing on his forthcoming album, which is due September 10.
"I see who Hov rocks with," 2 Chainz says during an interview with Whoolywood Shuffle. "Hov rocks with people who he respect and who has glimpses of trap on their resume. I'm a recovering d-boy. I'm a recovering d-boy and he is, too...I just told him, I don't know if he caught it or not, but basically I was saying, 'Damn. I like that you and Ross record.' That's what I was saying in my head. 'I like that Mike WiLL beat.' Some of them joints, I be thinkin' I could have killed them, 'cause I like his album."
The Atlanta rapper says that he did ask Kanye West, though, about putting Jigga on a particular B.O.A.T.S. II song. "I do have something I thought would be cool for this album, but I got to talkin' to 'Ye. I'm like, 'Ye, what you think about putting Hov on this one?'" 2 Chainz says during the interview. "He was like, 'Me Time,' in all caps. He just told me just to go hard on niggas."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire