3 août 2013

Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Certified Diamond

Justin Bieber has broken a new sales record in the US.

The singer's 2010 single 'Baby' has been certified with the Diamond Award by the Recording Industry Association of America.
It has been named the highest-certified single sold in US music history after going 12-times Platinum in the States.

The RIAA has announced that 'Baby' has been certified Diamond status after its inclusion of on-demand streaming data into its Gold and Platinum Awards Programme, reports The Inquisitr.

The music video has accumulated more than 876 million views on VEVO, which has helped boost its RIAA status.

"Well, first and foremost I want to thank all my Beliebers in the audience tonight," Bieber said after receiving the award on stage during his show in Newark. 

"Second of all, I want to thank all my Beliebers at home. I want to thank my mum for always believing in me."

'Baby' has beaten Elton John's 1973 double-A 'Candle in the Wind'/'Something About The Way You Look Tonight' as the highest-certified single in US music history.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire